Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Despedida... Chau, Chile!!

My goodbye party!


Okay, I generally hate goodbye parties, at least goodbye parties for myself. In the days leading up to the party, all I can think of is that I will have to say goodbye to.... everyone, urgghhh. For someone who moves a lot, I'm pretty crap at saying goodbye.

But, a goodbye party is still a party, and parties are fun. We had fun.

Matt and Matt... I've yet to see what was captured by this camera...


Matt and I....


Hanging out with my darling little Bella...


Cesar, one of my favorite students, and Andrea, a friend from Santa Cruz....

Sophie, Olivier, Ed, and Mike came up from Valpo to say goodbye! And here they are sitting around A LOT of wine bottles. Carl, Grant, Veronica, and Brendan came too! Thanks guys!


Eventually everyone broke into song. And that was fun.


So, tomorrow I leave Santa Cruz for Santiago. I fly out on Friday.

Must finish packing...

To my family and friends in the US, this is my plan for the next few months:

On Saturday I arrive in NYC and head straight up to Binghamton. I'll be spending the summer living with my parents and (hopefully!!) working in a summer school program. I'm planning to take lots and lots of weekend trips to visit all the people I love and miss on the east coast. If you are one of those people, get in touch and let's make plans to see each other!

At the end of August I am going to take a cross country road trip with Ms. Meredith, great friend and wonderful former roommate from Chile! We're going to start on the east coast and work our way over to Colorado for lovely Catie and Derek's wedding. Then we will work our way north, up through the Pacific Northwest, until we reach Seattle! So, if you want a visit and are someplace between the east coast, Colorado, and Seattle, let me know. I'll do my best to show up at your door!

I should be settled back into Seattle by mid September. So, see you soon, Seattle people!!

Besitos,
Allie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Want to go to Costa Rica for a week or so? Flights are so cheap I feel compelled to go to the rain forest.

Allison Azersky said...

Ughhhhhh, yes! But, I just went traveling for 6 weeks and I'm running out of money. So, no. But.... how cheap is cheap?...

Allison Azersky said...

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY and see you SO SOON! Mwaaa!

Unknown said...

You can get a roundtrip from JFK for like, $240. Once there everything is cheap. It will be really, really cheap.

ALEX said...

I think you should go from the 29th of june to the 5th of July... just saying there may be some other awesome people down there. ;)