Monday, July 14, 2008

ooooooops.

So, I have an acquaintance here in Chile that has been pestering me to post on my blog for awhile. Since I see him all the time and write this thing mostly for my lovely friends and family back in the U.S., I've decided to ignore him. Today I actually realized that its been weeks since I've posted.... ooooops! Sorry friends and family! I'm still alive!

Ok, here is the deal. I was waiting to post until I move into my new apartment, where I will finally have internet again... yay!! Word on the street is that it might also have fleas, but that is still yet to be determined....

Right, so this weekend is Ms. Julie's last. This brings me to stage 3 of housing in Chile: a house on Cerro Alegre in Valparaiso with 3 Chileans, an Austrian, and a Canadian. Hopefully, this will be a better environment for learning Spanish. As previously stated, I have totally perfected the skill of living in a Spanish speaking country without ever having to use the language. Its time to put that skill aside and work on my Spanish/social skills.... both of which currently make me tremble with fear.... it should be interesting.

I had a birthday and an accompanying dinner party about a week ago. Thanks to everyone who sent warm birthday wishes. I'm slowly wading through the pile of e-mails and I will try to get back to you all soon.

Yesterday only friends and I took a little day trip. I'll post pictures soon... lots and lots and lots of pictures. I promise.... and now that I made a promise on the internet, I have to follow through.


Besos y besos y besos,
Allie

3 comments:

Matt said...

Who's this acquaintance of yours that's been pestering you? Have you told him he was right about you not posting for a long time?

Allison Azersky said...

No. He doesn't need to be told that he is right. He's always right, so he probably knows already.

Louis said...

Happy Birthday chica!